Key Fire Safety Tips
Some fires are unavailable acts of nature or unpredictable accidents, many fires in the home and workplace are avoidable. The following tips, can help reduce the likelihood of a fire in your business or home.
- Watch your cooking- stay in the kitchen if you are frying, grilling or broiling food.
- Give space heaters space- Keep space heaters at least three feet from anything that can burn.
- Smoke outside- If you must smoke inside, have a sturdy, deep ashtray. Never smoke in bed.
- Inspect electrical cords- Replace cords that are cracked, damage have broken plugs or have loose connections.
- Be careful when using candles- Keep candles at least one foot from anything that can burn. Blow them out before you leave the room or go to sleep.
- Install smoke alarms- Install smoke alarms on every level of your office or home and inside bedrooms.
- Install Sprinklers- Sprinklers can help maintain and sometimes even extinguisher fires, giving your local fire department a better chance of saving your property.
Should the unexpected happen give SERVPRO of West Sacramento a call at 916.626.0426.